Storm Preparation: Minimize Risk
Once the storm comes, it's too late to protect your home. There are simple inexpensive ways you can protect your home, but others require a contractor, according to Charleston County's Hurricane Guide. Protect your home investment from wind and water. We can provide a safety review of your home and make our recommendations to get your home “storm ready." If your home isn't fully prepared for a storm check out 5 Ways to Prepare Your Home for a Storm. We are also available to assist you after the storm if your home has been damaged. We’re local, we’re experienced and we’re honest. You can count on us.
For a free consultation with CharlestonHomeworx call us 843-200-1875 or click contact us.
Storm Preparation Renovation Services Include:
- Installing Operable Shutters
- Replacing Windows
- Replacing / Securing loose boards
- Hook up Emergency Generator System
- Remove Dead Trees and Limbs
- Implement storm readiness plans
View our Storm Preparation Project Gallery.
5 Ways to Prepare Your Home for a Storm
- Installing storm shutters and/or high impact glass windows is one of the most effective ways to protect your home. We can provide protection for windows and doors.Costs for installing operable shutters or high impact glass windows will be offset by reduced insurance costs and minimize your risk from storm damage.
- Your insurance may not cover or may have a higher deductible amount for damages caused by named storms or hurricanes.
- Remove dead trees or hanging limbs.
- Consider elevating washer and dryer, as well as outlets, switches, light sockets, baseboard heaters and wiring atleast 12 inches above the projected flood elevation for your home.
- Know how to turn off water and gas in the case of a storm. We can provide you with detailed instructions for turning off water and gas, and also prepare an emergency generator system.